Happy Friday everyone!! This week has been a blur of ending jobs, packing boxes and squeezing in friend time. But, I wanted to throw out a quick post based on an article I read on Livestrong. I also write for Livestrong, but this article was by Joe Donatelli and he’s actually pretty funny 🙂 You can click the link to read the whole thing, but here’s some fun facts:
The 10 Weirdest Foods at Your Grocery Store (and why you should eat them)
- Carraway Seed – contains fiber, zinc, magnesium, iron and vitamin C
- Raw Catfish Nuggets – protein packed!
- Chicken Liver – full of iron and vitamins B12 and A (this is one I have not and will not be trying)
- Hemp Milk – contains iron, magnesium, and omega 3’s. I use to drink this in my tea everyday!
- Leeks – allium, vitamins K and C, manganese and folate.
- Millet – great gluten free grain option containing fiber and magnesium.
- Rhubarb – contains fiber, vitamin K and B, and beta carotene…I don’t think I have ever actually had rhubarb!
- Pickled Ginger – great for digestive health and nausea. Love me some pickled-g on my sushi!
- Sardines – rich in omega 3 and B12
- Turkey Neck – potassium, protein, iron (this one will not be happening either).
How many of these foods have you tried? Any that you eat on a regular basis?